Knitting and Fiber Classes
Julie LeeSong Norman is an experienced knitting teacher who is available to come and teach for your group. She has taught all levels from beginners to advanced knitters. The classrooms she’s taught in have been yarn shops from Minnesota to Montana, a women’s shelter, a maker space, fiber festivals, alpaca ranches and on cement floor rooms in India through translation. Her students left encouraged and empowered to tackle their next projects and implement their own ideas.
Upcoming Classes and Events
Click on the titles below for details and registration info.
October 27, 6-9pm Needle Felted Pumpkins, Crooked Line Studio, Billings MT
October 28, 9:30am-12:30pm Placemat Weaving, Off the Needles, Billings, MT
November 2 & 9, 3-5pm Beginning Knitting, Off the Needles, Billings, MT
November 2 & 9, 6-8pm Copenhagen Calling Cowl, Off the Needles, Billings, MT
November 4, 9am-12pm Cardboard Weaving, Crooked Line Studio, Billings, MT
November 11, 9am-12pm Cardboard Weaving, Crooked Line Studio, Billings, MT
December 7, 3-5pm Coaster Weaving at Off the Needles, Billings, MT
December 7, 6-8pm Needle Felted Ornaments at Off the Needles, Billings, MT
January 27-28 Winter Fair, Lewistown, MT – Beginning Drop Spindle and Wooly Sheep Cards, details added soon.
Interested in a class but the times and dates don’t work for you? Customize your own class to fit your interest and needs. An ideal hands-on class will have 6-10 students. Some travel expenses may be added to the class fee.
- Intro to Knitting – learn the basics of knitting with a little history and yarn love thrown in
- Intro to Spinning – learn the basics of spinning fiber into yarn using the drop spindle. Spinning wheels can be included in longer class sessions.
- Gathered Hay Scarf Class – learn how to knit the scarf featured above with tips from the designer
- Little Long Lake Scarf Class – using the linen stitch, learn how to take scrap yarn and blend them together in a painterly way.
- Cardboard Loom Weaving – learn how to make a cardboard loom and create a piece of art on it.
- Choose your own class – whether it’s a technique, a pattern or just help with your projects, enquire today for the possibilities.
Classes are limited to ten students for personal instruction, more students can be included on lecture or less hands on classes. Contact via email at email@example.com for more details.